Sunday, January 3, 2016

Meditations from the Mat

I am great at making New Year's resolutions!!! Making them last all year is a different story. As I think about 2016, I decided to go back to my bookshelf to embrace an old friend. This year will require five minutes of reading a day. Simple. Doable. A lasting impact is guaranteed!

The book I pulled out is called Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates. The 365 lessons are "daily reflections on the path of yoga."

As it is now January 3rd, I have read three lessons. Lesson 1started my year with a clear vision. Rolf is commenting on the violence of the twentieth century and the need for a change. He says "We need a new paradigm, one that will replace our present attachment to imbalance. Yoga is the study of balance, and balance is the aim of all living creatures; it is our home." Our home is what is already within us. It may be hidden below trauma, relationships, obligations, habits and more. I will spend the year going home. I hope you enjoy the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment